Breast pumps are important tools for moms willing to increase or maintain their milk supply, so buying a breast pump with a bag will always help you have your pump with you for this purpose or more.
Breast pumps with bags are designed to accommodate everything you need to pump while you’re on the go to enable you to provide an adequate milk supply for your baby.
Several breast pump bags are designed in the market for multifunctional purposes, and you don’t need to incur extra expenses for a pump bag.
These bags are designed to relieve you from the stress of moving too many items around because you want to pump – yes, it helps you stay organized.
To help you save time and make the right choice for yourself, we have put together some of the best pumps with a bag on the market.
- 1 Why you need a breast pump with a bag
- 2 Best breast pump with bag – our pick
- 2.1 1. Medela Pump in Style Advanced with Tote
- 2.2 2. Spectra Baby USA S1Plus with Gray Tote and Cooler
- 2.3 3. Elvie wearable breast pump
- 2.4 4. Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
- 2.5 5. Philips Avent Double Electric Breast Pump
- 2.6 6. Ameda MYA Portable Hospital Strength Breast Pump
- 2.7 7. Lansinoh SmartPump Double Electric Breast Pump
- 2.8 8. Dr. Brown’s Silicone Breast Pump
- 2.9 9. Medela Sonata Smart Breast Pump
- 3 Breast pump accessories for convenient pumping
- 4 Best Breast Pump with a Bag Buying Guide
- 5 Conclusion
Why you need a breast pump with a bag
For traveling: breast pump bags help you stay organized, and traveling without them may be very hectic for anyone. A breast pump bag allows you to keep track of everything you need to pump while traveling and when you get to your destination. Anything missing inside your pump bag can be easily identified and included before you set on the journey.
To stay organized: the pump bag help to keep you classy; many accessories are needed to make pumping more convenient, and all these accessories need to be in other. You don’t want to back and forth before you can prepare yourself for a pumping session, especially when you are on a journey.
Best breast pump with bag – our pick
1. Medela Pump in Style Advanced with Tote
This is the only pump that allows you to pump with style, with the three different bag styles designed to move the pump around. The pump is suitable for traveling, and on the pumping, the bags are spacious enough to accommodate everything you need to pump on the go.
The bag designs are a tote bag convenient for any mom, a backpack suitable for traveling, and a metro bag. All bags ate designed to accommodate a cooler bag and an ice pack to keep expressed milk cool throughout your journey.
The pump is an electronics hospital-grade breast pump with close to 3000 ratings to signify they are trusted by many. The closed system helps keep expressed milk safe and contamination-free, with two-phase expression technology to ensure efficiency.
The pump comes with a battery pack and a rechargeable battery that lets you pump whenever, wherever. With a single knob switch for adjustable settings.
The pump also comes with built-in bottle holders to avoid accidental kicks that can result in milk spillage. And a tubing storage pocket that helps prevent spills and keeps tubing organized between pumping sessions.
- Different types of bag designs to choose from to give a perfect for your lifestyle
- Hospital-grade to help prevent milk from contamination
- Strong suction – Two-phase technology for better milk expression
- Suitable for on-the-go pumping.
- The bag can contain everything you need
- Metro bag style is costly.
2. Spectra Baby USA S1Plus with Gray Tote and Cooler
Spectra breast pump is one of the best silent breast pumps with amazing efficiency. This breast pump comes with a tote bag that allows you to pump on the go with a cooler bag to preserve your expressed milk while on the go.
The breast pump is a hospital-grade pump that ensures your expressed milk is contamination-free by preventing the inflow of air and the flow of milk through the tubes to the motor.
The pump features a rechargeable battery to ensure on-the-go pumping either while traveling or working with customizable settings so moms can choose a comfortable setting.
The night light above the pump allows easy use of the pump in the dark with soft and less complicated buttons, making it easy to use. Also, it includes a timer that shuts off the pump at a specific time, usually 30 minutes of pumping.
The pump features a 12-volt power adapter making it compatible with any country’s power volt. With a wide neck, which makes it is suitable for any breast size.
- It comes with a tote bag and cooler for easy pumping on the go
- Easy to clean and assemble – there are few parts to clean after each pumping session
- It comes with extra pumping sets – you don’t need to expend more to pump.
- Silent and efficient
- Convenient and easy to use – you to lean back or forward to pump
- It takes hours to charge fully
3. Elvie wearable breast pump
This wearable breast pump allows you to pump anywhere, anytime. The pump is perfect for discreet pumping as it fits well into any nursing bra. No tubes dangling over you while you pump.
The pump allows you to be flexible while you pump; you can continue with your daily activities.
It eliminates the time spent sitting in a corner trying to pump or the stress that comes with cleaning parts. It gives you an intelligent way to pump through the Elvie that can connect through Bluetooth to monitor, track, and control the pump remotely.
The pump battery is rechargeable and comes with a USB cord to give more power options. You can charge through a power bank, laptop, or a car charger, so you don’t miss any pumping sessions.
When you buy, the pump also comes with a carrying bag to quickly move the pump and its accessories around. With bra adjusters to make it more convenient and fit well into any bra, You can also use the pump without using the app.
- Portable and suitable for discreet pimping
- It comes with a bag for moving the pump to enhance pumping on the go
- Hassle-free and wearable –a few parts making it easy to clean
- Rechargeable and USB compatible – making it easy to pump on the go
- Smart pumping experience – control and track your pumping activities with the app connected through Bluetooth.
- Not silent –the sound can be heard by anyone close.
4. Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
If you need a flexible, portable, and handy pump, look no further, as this pump gives you everything that could enable you to pump with little stress. The pump is portable enough to fit into your pocket to enhance pumping on the go, with a rechargeable battery and USB cord that allows you to charge anywhere you find yourself.
The pump bag design features a multifunctional purpose bag that can be used for office after nursing, with a cooler and ice pack to preserve your expressed milk while o the go. The bag is spacious enough to hold everything you may need to pump while traveling.
The portable design also features a closed system that prevents your milk from getting contaminated with a barrier that prevents milk flow through the tubes. Thus, keeping the air and other forms of bacteria away from your expressed milk.
The lightweight design makes it easy to move around and get things done while you pump. No pumping session is missed, with a two-phase expression technology that is efficient and effective.
- The pack bag has everything you need to pump – cooler, ice pack, and other pumping accessories.
- Portable and compact making it easy to have with you everywhere you go
- Hospital-grade makes it easy to clean with few parts to care for
- Also, the closed system is present to prevent your milk from getting contaminated.
- Personal flex fixes to ensure that the pump is comfortable while in use.
- USB compatible – to ensure no pumping session is missed
- The suction is not strong.
5. Philips Avent Double Electric Breast Pump
This is another breast pump with a bag that is effective with better options. The pump switches modes with three different settings that give a better pumping experience. The soft cushion helps to massage the breast to stimulate the areolas, which mimic your baby suckling. And a soft power cushion for stronger suction, you don’t have to lean forward or backward, making you uncomfortable while pumping.
You can choose to pump and store or pump and bottle feed directly with the help of the bottle teeth that come with the pump. The ant-back flow is present to ensure every milk drop goes straight into the bottle, which helps keep the tubing clean.
The pump is easy to use with clear instructions and buttons; it also comes with a few parts, making it easy to clean.
There is a cover to seal the bottles after pumping while on a journey and a traveling bag to quickly move the pump around, making it suitable for traveling and on-the-go pumping.
- It comes with a traveling bag, which makes it suitable for on-the-go pumping
- Comfortable and convenient pumping – you don’t have to lean forward or back to express milk.
- Effective and efficient – strong massage cushion to enhance letdown
- Simple to use – there are only a few parts to clean and assemble
- Parts are dishwasher safe, which makes them easy to clean.
- Easy to assemble – the design is sleek and easy to fix with a cover to keep the bottle safe.
- Suction may fail with time.
- You can only double pump.
6. Ameda MYA Portable Hospital Strength Breast Pump
Ameda breast pump is one of the great breast pumps I would always recommend for any mom. The pump is portable and handy, making it easy to pump on the go; no extra weight is carried.
The pump comes with a rechargeable battery that allows you to pump anywhere you go. This pump is also designed to make your milk contamination-free by preventing the expressed milk from getting trapped within the tubes. The pump design is also sleek and simple, making it easy to clean and assemble.
The bag comes in two sizes: the small tote and the big tote, to help move the pump around conveniently. The pump is time to automatically shut down every thirty minutes of pumping to prevent over-pumping that could lead to milk spillage.
The adjustable settings incorporated in this pump allow moms to choose a soothing setting to have an effective pumping session.
This is also good for new moms, as the pump comes with an instruction to alleviate the stress and use and maintain the tool.
- Portable and handy – the pump is palm-size, which makes it easy to around with you.
- The closed system makes cleaning easy with a few parts coming in contact with the milk.
- It comes with a tote bag for traveling and moving the pump around
- Easy to use – the pump button and settings are less complicated
- Silent enough for discreet pumping
- It doesn’t hold a charge – this is a factory error and is not applicable to every pump.
7. Lansinoh SmartPump Double Electric Breast Pump
This innovative portable breast pump allows mom to pump directly into a storage bag, which helps prevent ilk spillage during milk transfer. The pump is closed, which ensures expressed milk does not get stuck in the tubing, which could cause the bacteria to grow, thus contaminating your breast milk.
The pump design is sleek, with parts that can be easily fixed without a manual, making it easy to assemble and clean after use. After pumping, you can choose to save for later use or bottle-feed directly with the help of the bottle teeth that come with the pump package.
The pump bag is designed to hold everything you need to pump on the go at an affordable price. Included in the bag are a cooler bag and an ice pack to preserve expressed milk while you are away from home.
The pump is rechargeable to ensure you don’t miss any pumping sessions while on the go, though this doesn’t work with USB. Two flange sizes come with the pump; they are soft and comfort-fit to enhance milk’s easy letdown.
- The pump is portable – suitable for outdoor and on-the-go pumping
- The suction is excellent
- and comes with extra accessories – which makes it flexible for any mom to keep pumping
- The app helps track how many Oz are pumped in a day, monitor your pumping activities, and remotely control the pump.
- It comes with nipples that you can attach to the pump bottle to feed the baby right after pumping.
- The pump is a little loud
- suction strength reduces with the battery
8. Dr. Brown’s Silicone Breast Pump
This will be your best option if you’re looking for a small bag to move your pump and pumping accessories. The bag is suitable enough to contain and move most manual pumps around, though you can also get the normal breast pump bag for this purpose. Bags designed for this purpose is usually more convenient for holding pumps and other pumping activities.
The package comes with a silicone breast pump to catch the letdown while breastfeeding on the other breast. The pump is soft and gentle on the skin and sticks well to the breast to enhance strong suction. The pump includes a bottle to save your expressed milk or breastfeed directly with the help of the bottle teeth that come with the pump.
All materials made with this pump are dishwasher safe and easy to clean with no hidden or difficult holes. The pump design makes transferring expressed milk from the pump to the storage bottle easy without losing any milk drops.
- It comes with a bag for moving the pump around, also to stay organized
- Easy to clean – a few parts and simple design with no hidden holes
- No parts to assemble – which makes pumping a breeze
- You either pump to store or pump to bottle feed with ease
- Portable and silent – suitable for discreet
- No lid or pump stopper – you have to transfer it into the bottle to safe keep it every time you pump.
9. Medela Sonata Smart Breast Pump
The sonata is a hospital-grade pump with a stylish bag suitable for office and other outdoor activities. Included is a cooler bag with an ice pack to preserve your expressed milk while away from home. The pump suction is effective and efficient, just like that of the medela symphony, to mimic your baby suction. The closed system kit helps to preserve your milk from getting contaminated by preventing milk from entering the tubes and motor.
The pump is also a rechargeable pump that ensures pumping on the go with a universal power output that allows you to keep up with the power supply anywhere. There are bottle lids and stand to prevent accident kicks and spillage of milk.
The silicone membrane makes the flange comfortable on your breast while massaging the areola for a practical letdown. No pumping session is missed with an illuminating touch screen that promotes pumping on the go and in the dark. The intelligent app is there to track, monitor, and control your pump for more flexibility.
- Stylish bag for moving your pump and pumping accessories around
- Cooler bag and icepack to preserve your milk while on the go
- Close system – to prevent your milk from getting contaminated and make it easy to wash.
- Hospital-grade performance for effective and efficient expression
- Smart pumping experience
- Not portable
- It only works with the personal flex-fit
Breast pump accessories for convenient pumping
Bottle warmer: after preserving your expressed milk, it is necessary to take it back to a perfect temperature to be consumable for your baby. A Bottle warmer helps to ensure your milk is free of hot spots that can cause burn in your baby’s mouth.
Storage bag: These are convenient bags for stacking up your liquid gold. They help to preserve your milk for later use. Many storage bags in the market are suitable for this purpose. These bags support direct pumping into them or transferring pumped milk into them.
Nursing cover: Nursing and breast pumping in public can be weird, and for that, you need a nursing cover to nurse or pump discreetly without exposing your body to the public
Clean wipes: This is necessary if you will be pumping while traveling because cleaning during this period may seem impossible because of uneasy access to water. Wipes will be helpful during this period to clean your pumping tools so you don’t miss any pumping sessions.
Breast milk cooler: This is used to preserve your breast milk while you are away from home. Most medela breast pump with bag comes with a cooler and ice to protect your expressed milk till your baby needs it.
Extra pumping set: The stress of moving pumps and pumping accessories can be tiring from one point to another. So you need to have a different pumping set where you usually pump. You may have one in the office and one at home, so you don’t keep moving your tools from home to the office daily or waiting for your parts to air dry before you can use them.
Best Breast Pump with a Bag Buying Guide
There are different sizes and designs of breast pump bags today, though many of the pump bags are created to fit their product by the manufacturer. Still, you must contemplate many vital points in buying a breast pump with a bag.
Design of the pump bag: I prefer a bag I can take out after nursing; this kind of design should fit for office use and other minor outings like going to the store. The design should be simple, sleek with a fitting look to keep you organized.
Stylish and versatile: choosing a pump bag that can be used for outing purpose need to be considered. Matching your taste in fashion and style is also important when selecting a breast pump with a bag to have your money’s total value.
Durability: considering how durable a breast pump and the bag can be is also important. The weight of a breast pump and its accessories can damage some bags that come with the pump. You need a bag made with finesse material to move your pump around.
Spacious: the bag should be convenient, withholding the pump and its accessories in place, with lots of other pumping necessities to make pumping on the go a breeze. The bag should also have enough space for holding other items and a designated area for storing your expressed milk.
Staging mat: A square staging mat provides a comfortable surface to lay out your pump and its accessories while pumping. This mat does not come with many pump bags, though it might be important to keep your pump activities organized and clean.
Breast pumps with bags help you to stay organized for moms that will be pumping away from home. Also, this package helps eliminate the extra cost spent in getting a pump bag that may be suitable for the pump.