Giving birth to twins is a thing of great joy, but adequately feeding your babies requires the best breast pumps for twins. These breast pumps must be handy in providing adequate milk for the twins to grow equally and develop at the same pace.
These breast pumps must be simple to operate and must be a handy tool for easy portability. If the breast pump is electricity-powered, they must be rechargeable, and the battery power must last for long hours to allow the mother some time to rest rather than spend long hours pumping the milk.
Furthermore, the breast pumps for twins must also be such that they will produce a large amount of milk for your twins to feed adequately.
How Much Milk to Pump For Twins?
Moms with twins or triplets mostly run into a hectic challenge of adequately breastfeeding their kids, especially when such mothers are working.
Breastfeeding moms have traced their kids’ growth and inclusive development to the adequacy of the amount of breast milk given to them.
Many ignorant moms have sought different kinds of formulae feeds for their kids in place of breast milk, but they can never be equal in any way with the mother’s natural milk.
Malnutrition is a significant concern for pediatricians across the world. The best way out of this debacle as we speak is using breast pumps powered by electricity or by rechargeable batteries.
It is always advisable to ask your physician when you are trying to figure out how much milk to pump for your twins.
He or she will keep a close eye on your babies’ weight gain as you visit and other signs, such as how many diapers are your twins using daily (it’s typically 8 to 10 diapers, at least five poops for the first few weeks).
We piece this article together, especially to compile a list of the best breast pumps mothers like you can use to successfully take care of their twins’ feeding with little or no hassle.
These pumps will assist all breastfeeding moms in choosing any of the pumps that best suit them perfectly.
Best Breast Pumps for Twins – Expert Picks
1. Unimom Opera Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump
The unimom pump is a hospital grade breast pump with strong suction power and long operation hours. The pump is efficient and will get you enough milk within a very short time. This pump features two twin motors that allow full suction power without decreasing during double pumping.
Furthermore, this pump is a closed system to ensure that expressed milk does not back up into the tubes, which could cause contamination. Also, to ensure you don’t have to go through the same process whenever you want to pump, the pump comes with a smart memory feature that keeps your last pump settings, which makes it more convenient to use.
It is also important to be able to use your pump anytime during the day, and for this reason, this pump comes with a night light to ensure it easy to use in the dark.
- Comes with four operating modes offer you to choose the most comfortable pumping condition that suit you
- Hospital-grade pump for strong suction
- Features a long-lasting battery Up to 8 pumping session
- Also comes with a night light and LCD touchpad to ensure it convenient to use anytime during the day
- Also, feature a closed system that protects breast milk and baby from bacteria, mold, and viruses while pumping.
- Night light and touchpad for convenient use
- Strong and less painful suction making a good buy for any mom
- Parts are easy to clean and assemble
- Comes with different operating modes for better user experience
- Also comes with a long-lasting rechargeable battery
- Portable and lightweight making it easy to move around.
- Does not comes with a flexible charging option
2. Elvie Wearable Breast Pump with App
The Elvie breast pump comes with amazing features, which makes it convenient for mom to pump wherever, whenever. The pump is a wearable breast pump that fits into the regular nursing bras to ensure you can pump wherever you find yourself.
With this pump, mom now pumps in public confidently without eyes staring at them or force to use the nursing cover. Furthermore, to enhance the comfort and use of this pump, the pump comes with an app for tracking and monitoring the pump activities. With that, you don’t have to check through your bras when pumping to know how far you have pumped
Also, the pump can switch from stimulation to expression mode, which helps to ensure it is convenient for moms. in addition, make use of reusable batteries ad comes with a USB cord, which enhances the flexibility of using this pump.
- This is a wearable breast pump that fits into any nursing bra to ensure you can pump any wherever whenever
- Features an app which enhance the convenience of using this pump
- Also, feature a rechargeable battery so you can pump whenever
- Comes with three breast shield size to enhance the comfort of using this pump
- Up to seven (7) suction levels for more efficiency
- Also, this pump comes with a USB cord to ensure a flexible charging option
- Gives you the confidence to pump wherever
- Uses a rechargeable battery and comes with a USB cord, so you can pump and charge whenever
- This pump is relatively silent
- Gives you a hands-free pumping experience
- Also, this pump is lightweight and portable
- This pump is also easy to clean as it comes with very few parts
- Only gives you the opportunity to in upright position (walking, standing, or sitting) you can’t bend with this pump.
3. Avent Isis Duo Breast Pump
You can control the speed and frequency of its pumping to mimic your baby’s natural sucking rhythm. It also comes with a superb memory chip that helps you remember the smoothest and soothing way of expressing your breast milk.
In addition, its inbuilt patented massage cushions, the Avent Isis Duo breast pump is guaranteed to be comfortable all the time you put it to use.
It has soft massage petals that can flex in and out while rhythmically following the electronic vacuum’s pumping action.
This very functional breast pump will tick the box for all moms based on its unbelievable versatility, speed, and ease of assemblage.
- It comes with strong milk expression with three effective expression options to choose from. The most suitable and comfortable mode should be selected.
- It is built small and straightforward to ease its portability.
- The Avent Isis Duo breast pump allows you to choose between its massaging modes, either the power cushion or the soft massage cushion, with massaging petals power cushion for extra suction more comfortable pumping.
- For hygiene sake, the milk is made to flow from the breast directly into the bottle and prevent any form’s backflow.
- It is made with milk bottles whose mouth looks precisely like the mom’s nipple to make the mother have her baby’s natural suckling rhythm and comforts while pumping the milk.
- Easy to dismantle, clean, and assembled
- Its small size makes it very portable
- It performs the duty of helping you to massage your breast for a healthy living
- It is super fast and efficient to use.
- The parts are highly expensive to replace in case any part of the pump is lost or damaged.
4.Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Tote
Moms usually use these bags to pack all the contents to another room and make its portability quite an easy task.
This is one of the best breast pumps for twins with two sizes of breast shields- the 24 mm and the 27 mm. Moms with big breasts and nipples sizes could go-ahead to purchase extra-large shields, but the shields that come with the pump should be tried first before ordering for new ones.
The long hours of pumping are favorably taken care of with the Medela pump in style advanced breast pump.
You can pump both breasts at once with the Medela pump in style advanced breast pumps, or you can do one breast at a time.
- It is built with two sizes of shields (the 24 mm and the 27 mm shields) to cater to the average-sized moms’ breast size.
- It comes with one microfibre bag that can be used to pack all the kits and move them around quickly without any stress.
- 4 Oz sized breast bottles with cover to keep all the milk pumped for your babies’ consumption any time you are not around.
- It also has a cooler and ice packs to keep the milk fresh and hygienic till your babies are ready to feed.
- It has a two-phase expression technology that includes a one-touch letdown button.
- Strong suction feature.
- Easy to clean.
- Replacement parts are easy to find because the brand is so well known.
- It is expensive compared to other breast pumps.
- It’s a heavy pump, which makes it less ideal for moms on-the-go.
- Open system.
5. Spectra Baby USA S1Plus Electric Breast Pump
The spectra S1 and S2 breast pumps are the super two, as most moms love to call them. They are excellent breast pumps to own with inbuilt rechargeable batteries when you don’t want to use the electric source or its power cable.
Both products are built to be rugged and be able to withstand massive breast pumping needs. They are in high demand because of their contemporary design, as well as their user-friendly features.
These pumps are electric and built with a unique hands-free unit to allow you to do other things while pumping the milk.
They are lightweight and come with a special light to give room for midnight pumping for your babies.
- These pumps have a closed system, which means your milk particles won’t go inside the actual motor. This system is a more sanitary choice if you need to lend out or give away your pump when you no longer need it.
- The pumps have a letdown mode that signals your breasts to release their milk supply.
- They also come with a timer and a night light, which is a welcome addition for the inevitable midnight feedings.
- These pumps come with a durable rechargeable battery that can last for more than an hour before fully drained.
- Mobile: are tiny and can be carried around with relative ease and comfort.
- The S1 model can be operated with batteries or a power cord.
- They are quiet when in use, which makes for a more relaxed pumping experience.
- This pump expresses milk quickly and comfortably.
- Can increase a mom’s milk supply by fully emptying the breasts during pumping sessions
- Closed system.
- The pump vibrates during usage.
- It only comes with one size of breast flanges, but you can order other sizes.
6. Ameda MYA Pro Hospital Strength Electric Breast Pump
The Ameda Mya a hospital-grade portable breast ideal for anyone looking forward to pumping efficiently. This pump comes with great features to ensure moms can pump with comfort. In addition, this pump gives you the opportunity to personalize each pumping session to enhance this pump’s comfort.
This pump also allows you to pump any time of the day as it comes with a digital LCD, making it usable during the dark. Furthermore, this breast pumps a closed system that helps prevent breast milk from backing up into the tubes to your expressed milk contamination free.
This pump’s portability makes it easy to move around, thus having the pumping with you anywhere you are. In addition, this pump comes with an ultra-quiet motor that operates at less than 45dB making it usable for use in public.
- Features a backlit digital LCD, retractable handle, and built-in LED nightlight
- Also features an ultra-quiet motor operates at less than 45dB for better comfort and privacy
- Its also feature a closed Protection System that prevents breast-milk from backing up into the tubing, thus ensuring expressed milk is free from contamination
- This pump also comes with a smart automatic power off technology
- This pump also features a massage setting to enhance milk letdown
- Also, this pump allows you to personalize each pumping section
- In, addition this pump comes with a memory feature to keep pump settings for better convenience
- This package includes; 1 Hospital Grade Double Electric Breast Pump, 2 Dual milk collection system with 24mm flanges, 2 Extra valves, and an AC power adapter 12V, Instructions for use
- Portable and lightweight so you can have it with you wherever
- Parts are easy to clean and assemble, making it easy to use away from home
- This pump is Quiet making is suitable for use in public
- This is a closed system pump to ensure milk is safe from contamination
- Comes with a soft touch and LCD for convenient use
- Only comes with one set of flange – Other flange sizes can be bought separately
7. Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
The answer to this comes with the hands-free option on the Medela freestyle breast pump.
However, this is a tiny pump with a one-touch letdown button that signals your body that your milk needs to start flowing.
It’s a great breast pump to own if you have some cash to spare because the pump is worth every penny spent on it.
- Medela’s freestyle breast pump has a 2-Phase Expression Technology needed to create powerful suction, and the levels adjust from 1 to 9.
- It also features a pumping timer that lets you keep track of your pumping sessions and a memory button to save your favorite settings.
- The small size makes it very easy to take around and leave you to do other things while pumping.
- It comes with cooler and ice packs to preserve the milk for your babies in your absence.
- It comes with microfiber bags to compactly pack the parts and easy to move the entire pump around.
- They are uniquely designed with rechargeable batteries that could last for a whole 3 hours before charging.
- It comes with a double pumping kit with two different sizes of breast shields for easy and efficient pumping.
- This breast pump is made to be used multiple times a day.
- Cleaning it is very easy.
- Quickly expresses milk to save time.
- It can be used with a car adapter.
- It works perfectly when completely dry.
- Constant use reduces its sucking power with time.
8. Medela Symphony Breast Pump
Its sucking mode is designed to mimic the baby’s natural rhythm giving the mom a soft and natural feel anytime it is used. It has the rare option of being used as a single pump or as a double pump.
This breast pump will give moms who are busy to pump enough milk for their babies with relative ease and less time wasted.
Also, the Medela Symphony breast pump is designed such that the pumping kit can be separated from the pumping mechanism to reduce wastage and milk overflow while pumping drastically.
The quality guarantee is about 75%, and it is highly efficient for exclusive pumping for twins at all times. The Medela Symphony breast pump is an electricity-powered double pump.
- One-touch let-down button so that moms can quickly return to the simulation phase.
- The Medela Symphony Breast pump is the first breast pump built with a 2-phase expression technology to express more milk faster and more efficiently.
- It is also certified as one of the best Hospital-grade breast pumps.
- All parts of the pump that comes in contact with the breast milk are all BPA free.
- Two separate independent membrane units to allow moms to switch between single and double pumping modes.
- Excellent pump that helps moms to initiate and maintain breast milk flow with fantastic ease and comfort.
- It comes with a symphony 2.0 computer card that helps to record all information about the pumping program.
- Using it feels like breastfeeding your baby
- It pumps a large amount of milk within a short period.
- Keep records of the pump usage for future reference.
- Does not waste breast milk
- It works with only a push of buttons and does not leave you with injuries from pumping.
- Adjusting the cycle frequency becomes a bit difficult for some moms while in use.
- It only works with electric power and not rechargeable, limiting its usage outside your home.
9. BabyBuddha Portable and Compact Breast Pump
The babybuddha is a handy pump with strong suction power. Unlike other breast pumps, this breast pump comes with very few buttons, making it easy to use by any mom. This pump’s portability makes it easy to move around without stress; you can either put it in your pocket or hang it around your neck with its strap.
This pump is also usable with many other breast pump parts like the Freemie collection cup, which allows you to pump discreetly. Furthermore, this pump comes with easy to clean parts making your pumping experience a hassle-free one. With that, you can clean your parts within as fast as possible, even while on the go.
Also, to ensure the baby’s safety, this breast pump features a closed system desing that prevents milk from backing up into the tubes and getting contaminated. In addition, all parts that come in contact with your breast pump are BPA free to keep the expressed milk’s integrity intact. The pump is usable with a USB to enhance the flexibility of using this pump.
- This pump features 14 suction levels so you can choose a comfortable setting that suits you.
- Features portable and lightweight design
- Also features a simple to use buttons – no complex control
- This pump features a close design to ensure the safety of expressed milk
- All parts are BPA free making it safe for your baby use
- Also, comes with a silicone flange for a comfortable pumping experience
- Usable with a USB for better user experience and flexible charging option
- Possess strong suction power for efficient suction
- Lightweight and portable making it easy to move around
- Compatible with several other pump parts
- Comes with a pump cove to prevent expressed milk from contamination
- Short battery life
10. Bellababy Pocket Double Electric Breast Pump
which is a very great tool for pumping breast milk several times a day. It is incredibly light and usually feels like you are not even carrying anything while moving around with it. It comes with super-excellent rechargeable batteries that can work for a couple of hours. So, pumping your baby’s milk when there is no electricity supply becomes possible for as long as the batteries are fully recharged.
- It is made with hanging lanyard storage bag and adapter bottle thread changers.
- It is designed with adjustable modes and memory functions to suit all moms
- They are built with LED full touch screen controller with four unique modes (Massage, Normal suck, Continuous suck, Frequency conversion)
- They are also made with nine suctions to satisfy all moms
- It has double pumping capacity, which makes your breast pumping a fast and highly efficient task without wasting time.
- It comes with a USB and wireless rechargeable cord that makes it easy to use anywhere you find yourself.
- Very easy to use and clean
- Durable rechargeable batteries make it usable for long hours non-stop
- It’s very portable to carry around because of its size and shape.
- It is very safe to use as it prevents anti-backflow vacuum structure from avoiding the breast milk from spilling over
- A perfect understanding of how to use this breast pump requires a keen interest and rapt attention on its manual
- The rechargeable batteries become weak with usage time.
Unimom Opera Hospital Grade Breast Pump
The Unimom Opera breast pump is our recommended breast on this list. Moms who have been lucky to get this masterpiece have been enjoying absolute value for their money due to the following reasons
- It combines the job of milk expression with breast massaging with fantastic ease.
- This pump lasts longer than any other breast pump in the market.
- Also, it is tagged the dual functionality, double versatility pump due to its excellent work.
Best Breast Pump for Twins FAQ’s
How can I increase my milk supply for twins?
To increase milk supply for twins, ensure you pump after each nursing session to empty your breast. It should be known that breast milk is produced based on supply and demand. In this case, how often you breastfeed or pump with trigger your body system to adjust to this routing.
When this goes on for about two to three weeks, you will see a significant increase in your milk production. Now you will be wondering how often should you pump in a day for the increase to be effective. For a significant increase in milk supply, You need to breastfeed and pump up to eight times a day.
When you put this into practice within two to three weeks, there should be an increase in your milk supply to feed your baby adequately.
How long should you breastfeed twins?
Pediatricians worldwide as recommended that newborns should be fed with breast milk for the first six months of their lives; this does not exclude twins. Breast milk contains a lot of vitamins and nutrients necessary for the growth and development of the body. Also, it contains antibodies that help to protect the baby against disease and other forms of viruses.
You can breastfeed your baby up to a year or more; after the first six months, you can start mixing your baby food with the right formula supplements to relieve yourself of the stress of feeding breastfeeding.
Gone are the day’s mothers suck over how to breastfeed their twins, triplets, and even more babies adequately. With the best breast pumps for twins, mothers can now provide their babies with the right amount of breast milk to enhance the twins’ growth.
We hope this list ends your search for the best breast pumps for twins, as we include several types and styles of pumps to ensure you choose the one that suits you.
The advent of double electric breast pumps has conveniently helped moms get past the era of their babies’ malnutrition. It’s a matter of choice from the pool of numerous breast pumps around; you will be able to pick at least one of them that will satisfy your yearnings.