There is a need to adequately feed your baby, for that you need the best breast pump for exclusive pumping.
Breastfeeding remains the most important food for infants as generally accepted and advised by physicians across the world.
However, some situations may make exclusive breastfeeding very difficult due to some medical or personal reasons.
Mothers can now rest their minds with the invention of capable breast pumps for exclusive pumping of breast milk for later consumption by the baby.
- 1 Factors to Consider Before Choosing Breast Pumps for Exclusive pumping
- 2 Best Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping Review – Expert Picks
- 2.1 1. Elvie Pump Double Silent Wearable Breast Pump with App
- 2.2 2. New Medela Pump in Style with MaxFlow
- 2.3 3. Spectra Baby Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping
- 2.4 4. Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
- 2.5 5. Willow Hands-Free, Portable Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping
- 2.6 6. Ameda MYA Portable Hospital Strength Electric Breast Pump
- 2.7 7. Haakaa Breast Pump Manual with Stopper
- 2.8 8. Medela Harmony Breast Pump
- 2.9 9. BelleMa Plenitude Double/Single Electric Breast Pump
- 2.10 10. Bellababy Double Electric Breast Pump
- 2.11 Best Hands Free Pumping Bra
- 3 Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping FAQ’s
- 4 CONCLUSION
The kind of breast pump to use depends on the reason for needing the breast pump. Manual breast pumps are best for mothers who require infrequent milk expression, probably due to breast engorgement.
Such mothers will only need to pump once or twice a day. Manual breast pumps are also highly cost-effective when compared to electric breast pumps.
Mothers who require more frequent milk expression and do not have too much time to spare will go for the electric-powered breast pumps.
Recommended Post: Best Hospital Grade Breast Pump
Factors to Consider Before Choosing Breast Pumps for Exclusive pumping
The best breast pumps should be as portable as possible for easy carriage around with relative ease and comfort.
- Ease of cleaning and assembling
Breast pumping requires great hygienic practice to ensure the safety of your baby at all times. Hence, the breast pumps considered must be very easy to dismantle for thorough cleaning and quite simple to reassemble after drying so that the pump doesn’t harbor germs.
- Ease of customizing the suction speed
Most of these breast pump now comes with the ability to determine the rate at which you can pump milk out of the breast to suit your time and comfort. The best breast pumps can now allow you to adjust between stimulation and expression modes with ease.
- Noise level
The best breast pumps in the market come with little or no noise whatsoever while in use. You don’t want to attract people around you while pumping your breast.
- Power option (back up)
The breast pump should be able to be charged with portable power banks or USB cords plugged to your laptop. This will give you the freedom to use your pump anywhere you find yourself. You could buy a manual breast pump as a substitute for your electric-powered breast pump in case you can’t meet up with the power option on your breast pump.
- Double pumping option.
The best breast pumps now come with the ability to pump the two breasts at the same time to save quality time and produce a large amount of milk within the shortest possible time.
Here is a list of the best breast pumps for exclusive pumping in the market and their exclusive features to help you decide the best breast pump for you.
See also: Best Electric Breast Pump
Best Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping Review – Expert Picks
1. Elvie Pump Double Silent Wearable Breast Pump with App
The Elvie breast pump is ours recommend breast pump for exclusive pumpers. This pump allows you to pump while having your clothes on, giving you the complete freedom to pump while you go about your daily activities. With this pump, you don’t need a nursing cover or taking a break from work when you need to pump. The Elvie breast pump gives you the freedom to pump discreetly whenever, wherever.
Furthermore, the Elvie breast pump comes with great suction levels to ensure you express as much milk as possible within a limited time. The pump is usable with an app that enhances the performance of the pump. With this app, you can monitor and control the pump activities for better convenience.
This pump is relatively silent when compared to other wearable breast pumps in the market; this makes it more suitable for public use. The Elvie pump will also automatically switch from stimulation into expression mode when it detects let-down and will pause when the bottle is full.
- This pump is relatively silent when compared to other wearable breast pumps
- The pump features a transparent flange for the easy positioning of the nipple
- The Elvie breast pump comes with few parts which make it easy to clean
- Also, the pump is generally easy to use with few buttons
- It also features a small, portable, and lightweight design for comfortable use
- Furthermore, this pump is usable with an app for a better user experience
- With this pump, you can pump whenever wherever you find yourself
- No external cord or tubes – handsfree design
2. New Medela Pump in Style with MaxFlow
The old medela pump in style as comeback better and stronger for better convenience. The new pump in style is inspired by the almighty Medela symphony hospital grade breast pump. This is to give you the symphony in a more portable form for easy and convenient use.
This pump is super efficient with very few parts to assemble and clean, enhancing the convenience of using this pump. The new design portable and lightweight compared to its former design making it easy to move around. The package comes with everything you need to pump while away from home, making it suitable for exclusive pumpers
Furthermore, this pump features a hospital-grade design that prevents milk from backing up into the tubes to ensure that pump milk is contamination free. Also, this pump comes with simple and clear instructions for a better user experience. This pump is also rechargeable, and its battery can last up to 4 or 5 pumping sessions when fully charged.
- Comes with few parts which make the cleaning process a breeze
- Also features with 2 phase expression technology for efficient and comfortable pumping experience
- Portable and lightweight – suitable for exclusive pumpers and moms on the go
- Clear and simple to use buttons for better user experience
- Comes with the medela personal fit flex for better fit and comfort
- Hospital-grade performance for better suction and comfort.
3. Spectra Baby Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping
One notable feature of the Spectra S1 is that it makes it a great piece to own by busy mothers. Its extraordinary suctioning strength of 250 mmHg, which makes it possible to use either as a double or single pump simultaneously.
Another thing spectacular about this breast pump is that it comes with a rechargeable battery that lasts for hours after charging. This gives you more pumping sessions while you are away from home or not close to electricity.
So, unlike manual breast pumps, you will never get tired when you are pumping. Recharging the pump is pretty fast, and you can use it away from home since the electric pump is entirely portable, weighing only 2.9 lbs.
It is tranquil when in use, and you will be able to pump with ease. This feature allows you to be confident and comfortable every time you want to pump, even in public.
- It is being built with a closed system. No need to clean the narrow tubing because Spectra S1 has a closed pumping system that keeps tubing dry by preventing air flow between expressed milk and pump tubing while pumping. This helps to aids the protection of breast milk and the baby from bacteria, mold, and viruses while pumping.
- The Spectra S1 has a convenient, inbuilt rechargeable battery that can last for hours after fully charged.
- CUSTOMIZABLE SETTINGS: Each mother can customize her pump’s settings to her own body’s response and follow her flow to find her personal best settings with the S1’s completely adjustable suction levels 1 and 2 phase cycling in let-down and expression mode.
- It is built with special backflow protection while pumping to keep your breast milk from harmful bacteria and other germs.
4. Medela Freestyle Flex Breast Pump
The medela freestyle breast is another portable breast pump that gives you the freedom to pump wherever you find yourself. The pump comes with everything you need to pump while on the go. The package comes with a handy and lightweight pump, making it easy to move around conveniently.
This pump comes with a USB charger, which enhances charging flexibility, making it more suitable for exclusive pumpers. Also, the features a research-based 2-phase expression technology that produces more milk in less time*-for more efficient expression and maximum flow.
Furthermore, this pump features a closed system that prevents milk from backing up into the tubes. Unlike other pumps on this list, this pump comes with a cooler bag that helps to preserve your milk while on the go. This makes this pump more suitable for mom that looking to pump exclusively, working, or traveling mom.
This pump is also quiet; it makes little to no noise, which makes it suitable to use hile in public. It is also useable with an app to enhance the convenience of using this pump. With the app, you can track and log your pumping session for more convenience.
- Handy, portable, and lightweight – easy to move around.
- This pump is also very quiet while in use, make like to no noise
- Usable with an for controlling and monitoring the pump activities
- Also, the pump comes with a cooler bag for preserving your pumped milk while on the go
- Comes with a rechargeable making it useful while away from home or electricity
- Furthermore, this pump comes with a USB for a more flexible charging option
- Also, the pump comes with a bottle holder to prevent accidental milk spillage
- Freestyle Flex also comes with the new PersonalFit Flex Breast Shields that enhance milk flow and provide more comfort while pumping.
5. Willow Hands-Free, Portable Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping
The willow breast pump is one of the best breast pump inventions as it allows you to pump discreetly. Many times it is called a handsfree breast pump because you don’t need to support the breast pump with anything. It is also known as the wearable breast pump for its discretive feature.
With the willow breast pump, you can pump, however, whenever, and wherever you find yourself. This pump gives you the freedom to pump while going about with your daily activities. You can now pump without being idle or hiding from the public. In fact, with this pump, you can attend a meeting while exclusive pumping.
Furthermore, this pump is usable with an app that helps to enhance the performance of the pump. With the app, you can control the activities, track your pumping session, pulse, and play without checking underneath your cloth. Also, the pump comes with a few parts, making it easy to assemble and more convenient to use.
- Comes with very few parts which enhance the convenience of using this pump
- The parts are easy to clean; also, the package comes with a brush to ease the cleaning process
- Comes with a spill-proof bag to prevent milk spillage, which ensures pumping in any position
- The pump comes with multiple flange sizes of 21, 24, and 27mm to better user experience
- Also, the pump comes with an app to enhance the convenience of using this pump – you don’t have to check underneath your cloth to know how far you have pumped
- The pump also features a smart suction technology which can be adjusted based on your preferences to increase output
- Also comes with a rechargeable battery that could last up to 4 or 5 pumping session
See also: The best wearable breast pump.
6. Ameda MYA Portable Hospital Strength Electric Breast Pump
The next on the list it the Ameda portable breast pump. This breast pump comes with some great features to ensure exclusive pumping is as comfortable as possible. The pump is small and handy, which means it can be conveniently moved around. Furthermore, the pump is battery operated, which also enhances the convenience of using this pump while away from home.
The Ameda breast pump is a closed system pump that prevents pumped milk from getting into the tubes, keeping your milk safe and contamination-free. Also, the closed system helps to ensure the cleaning process is as simple as it could be.
The Ameda Mya comes with some customizable settings that enhance the pumping process to ensure better user experience. The customizable settings include 2-Phase Adjustable Suction Mode with 5 levels Massage Mode and 10 unique expression mode levels so you can choose the settings suitable for you.
- Portable and lightweight, easy to move around – the pump is handy, fit the palm perfectly
- The pump is relatively silent – you can pump without disturbing your baby
- Closed system – prevent milk contamination by keeping the milk out of the tubes
- Also, the pump comes with multiple flange sizes of two 24mm and 28mm breast flanges to ensure a better pumping experience
- Comes with a customizable setting for better comfort and convenience pumping experience
- Features a hospital grade pump for comfortable and better suction power
- The package includes -One hospital-grade double electric breast pump, one wide Tote bag, two dual milk collection system with 24mm and 28mm breast flanges, two Extra valves, one AC power adapter, and Instructions for use
7. Haakaa Breast Pump Manual with Stopper
This one is another great manual breast pump. With this pump, you will be able to part away with some few dollars when compared with electric breast pumps. This breast pump is made with no cords, batteries, and comes in a simple design. It is simple to use, allowing you to easily and directly pump with zero struggles.
However, this pump was originally made to collect letdown that could occur while you are breast feeding your baby on the other breast
Made of 100% food-grade materials, this manual pump is soft and comfortable to use even on the most sensitive skins. The silicon stopper secures the breast milk when fitted on top of the pump hence preventing any accidental spills or contamination by bacteria and other germs. This will safeguard your baby’s health. The Haakaa breast pump is also one of the few most recommended manual pumps in the market.
- The Haakaa Manual Breast Pump is lightweight, portable, and the perfect tool for every baby bag. Use it on long-distance trips, car rides, or anywhere you would like to express silently, discreetly, and quickly.
- The Haakaa Silicone Breast Pump doesn’t require any cords, batteries, or assembly and can be sterilized by merely boiling in water for 2-3 minutes.
- This Breast Pump comes with a suction base that sticks to flat surfaces to prevent accidental spills.
- It is designed with a flower Stopper that sits tightly in the neck of your breast pump to preserve the beneficial properties of breast milk while preventing any accidental spills and also prevents the infection of the breast milk by germs.
- All Haakaa Silicone Breast Pumps are made with FDA-approved, high-quality food-grade silicone and are BPA, PVC, lead, and phthalate-free.
- The Haakaa Manual breast pump can be adjusted to fit well in breasts of different sizes; also, it can be cleaned easily in a dishwasher.
8. Medela Harmony Breast Pump
Harmony Breast Pump is manually operated; hence, it is suitable for occasional use when you are not with the baby. The pump is easy and of a lightweight feature that makes the pump only portable for use away from the baby.
Because it’s small and noiseless, you can use the pump in private. You can also use it at home, in a secluded place at the workplace, and anywhere else without privacy worries. The ergonomic swivel design handle makes the pump easy to use, plus it is also soft on the grip for enhanced comfort while pumping. It could also be used as an excellent back up for your electric powered double breast pump.
- Personal Fit 24 mm breast shield is designed on this breast pump for improved comfort and breast milk efficient flow.
- A manually controlled vacuum allows you to adjust the suction for the most optimal comfort level and efficient flow of breast milk.
- The research-based and patented design of this breast pump allows mothers to pump more milk in less time manually with relative ease.
- Easy to dismantle to be thoroughly washed and reassembled for the best hygiene required.
9. BelleMa Plenitude Double/Single Electric Breast Pump
This product is super amazing if what you are looking for is an electric breast pump that is easy to use for exclusive pumping with absolute convenience.
The pump is powered by an in-built rechargeable battery that can run for up to 2 hours. One of the unique features that stand it out is its ability to customize the speed and intensity of suctioning to ideal comfort levels.
You can also shift between stimulation and expression phase making breastfeeding a whole lot of fun-filled affair.
The pump is painless and quiet while in use so, there are zero chances that you will wake up your sleeping baby or disturb your colleagues at the workplace.
It is also very portable and light. Thus the size is a massive bonus if you love traveling, while the long-lasting battery will keep the pump powered for the entire road trip.
The BellaMa is for the corporate mothers who want to be at work and still not lack in their home front responsibility to their kids.
- The pump is fast as you can suction about 6-8 oz in 45 minutes.
- The pump is easy to dismantle and quite easy to clean and reassemble, too, after drying.
- This breast pump is made of safe materials that are RoHS and FIDA approved and recommended for busy mothers’ use.
- It is built with the 3D Collection Kit that closely imitates the pulling, squeezing and suckling motion of an infant
- It is designed to have a memory feature that memorizes favorite settings and switches to the default settings. You need not readjust it every time you have to use it.
- Comes with bottle adaptors that will fit standard size bottles of other popular brands
- Dual-Phase Mode of Stimulation and Expression – Stimulation Mode designed to enhance a mother’s milk ejection reflex and the expression mode for the actual milk pumping.
10. Bellababy Double Electric Breast Pump
Bellababy is an electric breast pump that is pain-free with a durable suction power for exclusive pumping. The pump is gentle in suction and fast, so it is very appropriate for busy mothers. The good thing is that you can make use of different frequency conversion sucking levels. In addition, you can set the pump to suck the breast with converted frequency or normal suckling mode if you wish to have a constant frequency.
This breast pump comes with 9-levels of suction, and that means you can adjust the suction from level 1 to 9 until you find a suction that is comfortable to you.
Furthermore, the pump is super quiet for working mothers so you can suction at your workplace, and no one will know what you are doing. As a mother, you will not worry since the pump will not wake up your sleeping baby.
- This breast pump comes with a power bank and a USB charge cable for easy charging anywhere.
- It comes with ten milk storage bags and 2 storage adaptors for storing away the milk as you are pumping.
- It has 9 levels of suction for your best and most comfortable suction frequency and speed.
- High definition Screen, display the working mode, suction level, time and battery status, etc. clearly
- Sensitive touch panel, click by one finger to operate, easy and convenient.
- Lightweight and portable with a built-in 2200 mAh Li-ion battery making it a perfect breast pump for traveling.
- The petal cushion made of soft silicone, Imitate baby’s sucking rhythm, comfy and pain-free to the breast while in use.
- Very easy to dismantle and assemble to facilitate relative ease of washing and drying without any hassle.
Best Hands Free Pumping Bra
Here is one of the best 2-in-1 package breast pumps in the market. Can be used to pump the breast while still breastfeeding your baby.
It is made from a perfect combination of spandex and cotton material making it very comfortable on your skin.
To assists mothers whose other breast leaks while the baby is suckling on one. It is a manual breast pump with a difference.
You can convert this bra into a cross style for added support while pumping. Meanwhile, it also can be attached like a standard bra for a natural feel.
- One-step breastfeeding clasp, it is easy to drop cups for convenient feeding and protects your privacy at all times.
- Comes with adjustable shoulder straps; mothers can adjust to the position that suits them best at any time to cater for the changes in their shapes from time to time.
- It could be worn as Eva’s ” X ” Structure is to hold the bottles and shield in place securely and comfortably.
- From the best combination of cotton and spandex materials to give you a smooth and comfortable feel on your skin at all times.
Breast Pump for Exclusive Pumping FAQ’s
Does breast milk change when exclusively pumping?
Yes, there is usually an increase in the volume of breast milk when you exclusively pump. However, the process of exclusive pumping can be stressful, but still worth it as it will provide enough milk for your baby to feed on. Even while you breastfeed, you may want to pump to maintain or increase your milk supply.
Furthermore, it is also important to know that your breast milk color does not change while exclusively pumping. Generally, the color of breast milk is usually white with a bluish or yellowish tint, which depends on what you eat and how long you have been breastfeeding.
Is Exclusive pumping worth it?
Yes, and this depends on several factors. If you are a busy mom or you spend less time with your baby, the best option is to pump to provide your baby with the right food nutrition for proper growth and development.
Exclusive pumping provides the best alternative of giving your baby the right amount of nutrients without nursing. The only difference between breastfeeding and pumping is the absence of breast contact with the baby.
Is Exclusive pumping better than formula?
Yes, exclusive pumping is better than formula, especially for babies less than six months. Exclusive pumping provides your baby with the nutrient needed for the proper mental and physical growth when compared to formula. Also, when you exclusively pump, breast milk contains certain antibodies that protect the baby from sickness and many forms of diseases.
Furthermore, It has been recommended that for the baby’s proper growth and development, the baby should feed purely on breast milk for the first six months.
Is exclusively pumping harder than breastfeeding? Exclusively Pumping vs Breastfeeding
Exclusive pumping is harder and also time-consuming when compared to breastfeeding. The stress of moving around with the pump equipment, cleaning, and maintaining pump schedules can be a lot ask for. You may also feel exhausted to go through the pumping process after a long day
When breastfeeding, you don’t have to go through any of this stress. With this, breastfeeding is relatively easy and cheap when compared to pumping.
How often should I pump when exclusively pumping?
How often you pump depends on your baby’s age. A new baby will take a bottle of breast milk every 2 to 3 hours every day.
With time, the baby’s demand for breast milk will increase, but during the first week, you will pump a minimum of 7 to 10 bottles per day; this will help the body stimulate in order to produce healthy milk.
As the baby grows older, the feeding time will increase, but longer intervals between feeding periods.
It is always advisable to pump each breast until they go emptied; this will enable the breast to produce more milk when necessary.
We hope this guide ends your search for the best breast pump for exclusive pumping. We ensure we include varieties of pumps to make the right choice for yourself according to your style. Our recommended breast pump is the Elvie wearable breast pump as it gives you the freedom to pump wherever you find yourself.
Busy and corporate mothers need not panic for fear of losing out in their responsibility of giving their babies the best infant meal anymore. The discovery of the best breast pump for exclusive pumping or expressing has finally created the best solution.
You can now have your job and still be one of the best mom to baby. To give your baby the best breast milk is not only getting better; it is indeed getting fascinating and exciting too.